Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunshine on my Shoulders...

Here we go! Charlie and I decided to start a blog to keep everyone up to date now that we are officially in a different time zone (and I'm awful at answering the phone). I'm not sure how great ill be about keeping this up, but lets think positive and pretend ill be great at it :)

We got to Denver on May 1st and have been settling in. The drive was really long and I had so much caffeine that i could have put my feet through the floor board of my car and run all the way to Denver. Thankfully I didn't. Red Bull for sure gave me the push i needed (or the lead foot) to get through all 13 hours. We are staying with my sister Sarah and her husband in Highlands Ranch until our house in Dallas sells or they are sick of us and kick us out. Lets hope it the former :) They have been great hosts and we love the time we get to share.

Its easy to let my mind wander about finding a job or selling our house in Dallas, but we feel so blessed to be where we are that those thoughts are usually secondary. You can only control so much, so we are taking it a day at a time. Charlie is studying for his tests to sell insurance and I have actually been studying to be a personal trainer. My goal is to be Gillian or Bob (from the Biggest Loser) and just yell/sit on people for a living. I am pretty sure I will be making millions doing it and they will want me to be on the Biggest Loser (hey a girl can dream....).

I have been making decent use of my time going on interviews. I haven't heard back on any of them, but its been encouraging that they want me to come back for a second interview. Its not the ideal job market, but I'm confident that I will find something. We are also keeping busy along with seeing everything that Denver has to offer. Its a great city!

Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers so far - we are so thankful for them and we really feel them.

No comments:

Post a Comment