Sunday, May 24, 2009

cold tangerines

"The problem is that the worldview i have chosen has melted like butter. I had a plan, and the plan is gone. I did it right, in my own made-up system, and it all came our wrong. All my logic and contingencies and smoke alarms and insurance didn't see this coming, and now my life has changed. I'm off the plan. And I loved the plan. I believed in the plan, secretly, way more devoutly than I believed in the mysterious work of God." - shauna niequist

every once and a while you read something that hits a part of your life really closely. i realized today that even though the last month or so hasn't gone the way i thought it would, i have been using times that didn't go along with my schedule as a reason to be mad or upset or plain mean. God doesn't give us a plan. he doesn't even come close to letting us know what around the corner. but he does give us family, friends and complete strangers to help us go on his path. we have to trust that his reasons are better than ours and that his plans are greater than ours, because i have to believe that i am praising a creator who is in charge of it all. I'm not able to control my surroundings, but i can control how i react - both today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment